Improve end user collaboration and sharing with latest SharePoint Online Document library updates. These new enhancements are rolling out now and are similar to what has appeared in OneDrive for Business in December 2015. Six cool enhancements are described below!
- Add Links You can Add Links pointing to other documents in the document library. These links can be from user’s OneDrive or another SharePoint Online site.
Create a Link and otice the .url extension when the link is added.
The links are security trimmed are treated as any other file or folder in your document library – all with properties and workflow options. Perfect for adding a link to a Shared folder user’s OneDrive.
- Upload Folders– With the new library experience, users will now have option to Upload Folders.
Simply select the folder to upload on your local and then Drag and drop onto a library.
- If you don’t see the option to drag and drop files, update your copy of Office.
- If you’re using Windows 10 Edge browser, drag and drop might not work. Use Upload instead.
- Pin Folders or Documents– Now you can Pin folders and documents on the top of the view in a document library. To highlight the file or folder menu when in thumbnail view simply Pin them from the edit menu.
Manage your Pinned documents and folders through the Edit Pin in the banner.
- Move or Copy Documents\Folders\Links– Now a fantastic way to move document libraries into SharePoint in mass quantities
Move Items – Select one or more documents and then click on three dots
Copy Items– Select one or more documents and then click on three dots
- Thumbnail or Grid View– At the top right of the document library page, you can change the document library views using All Documents drop down menu. You can either choose list view or thumbnail view or Grid View to change the entire view of the library.
You can also edit the views and select columns right from the page itself.
- The highlight area is specific to a single folder or library view. When using custom views, you need to pin the item in each view where you want it to appear.
- You can highlight a maximum of 3 items per library, folder, or view.
- Properties Quick View You can edit properties of a document and share from the menu on the right.