Starting today you’ll be able to access the full power of OneNote on your PC, including these features previously reserved for paid editions:
- Password protected sections—Add a password to protect sensitive information.
- Page history—Easily see or go back to prior versions of a page.
- Audio and video recording—Take notes while recording, and easily jump to the relevant section later.
- Audio search—Search for a word in a voice or video recording.
- Embedded files—Insert Office documents or other files directly in your notebook.
The free edition of OneNote stores your notes on OneDrive for easy access across all your devices and works whether you’re online or offline. With your free Microsoft account, you’ll get 15 GB of OneDrive space for free and no limits on the number of notes you can create or sync.
OneNote 2013 runs on Windows 7 and Windows 8 and is available for free from onenote.com/download.