Contact Atidan for your Office 365 trial subscription!
Atidan is pleased to announce the latest version of Opentext Capture for SharePoint. Allows Organizations to Quickly and Efficiently Digitize Paper Documents, Automatically Import Enterprise Content into SharePoint Libraries and Workflows
OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC) today announced OpenText Capture for Microsoft SharePoint, a software solution that allows organizations to quickly and efficiently capture, digitize and fully index paper documents, forms and faxes and move them into SharePoint, helping to reduce dependence on paper-based processes and introduce business critical electronic content to corporate workflows.
This new offering builds on OpenText’s advanced capture technologies and proven track record of building world-class solutions that extend the value of the SharePoint platform. It also complements the existing OpenText solution set for SharePoint, such as information governance, storage management, and business process management and makes OpenText one of the most comprehensive providers of SharePoint solutions.
When it comes to reducing paper, enterprises are increasingly turning to the latest generation of capture solutions that ease the process of indexing and storing documents and integrate seamlessly with existing content applications. Recent AIIM research cited strong opportunities and return-on-investment for advanced or intelligent document capture solutions, but noted that “a majority of respondents felt that IT resource issues and technical issues would be eased considerably if they had a common capture platform.”
OpenText Capture for SharePoint is such a solution. It uses some of the most advanced tools available to capture and store paper documents and can be used to import other types of content including faxes, email with attached documents, images, business forms, and complex multipart documents. This gives organizations a single, enterprise-wide capture platform that can automatically import scanned documents into SharePoint libraries to significantly reduce transactional operating costs and to drive extended efficiencies through process automation initiatives.
“SharePoint represents a huge target market with many customers looking to add capture solutions in order to take full advantage of their SharePoint investments,” said Harvey Spencer of Harvey Spencer Associates, a leading capture industry analyst firm. “Advanced enterprise capture solutions that are designed to make it easy such as the one that OpenText is introducing for SharePoint, provides a standardized approach to deploying distributed document capture across all departments and processes.”
OpenText Capture for SharePoint supports a variety of capture scenarios including ad-hoc or desktop scanning, high-volume batch and distributed scanning and full-text capture servers. Captured paper documents are then converted to searchable digital documents using the latest Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR). Users can easily extract any missing or required meta and business data using patented Single Click Entry technology.
“For companies to truly realize the value of their SharePoint investments, it’s critical they have a capture solution that seamlessly integrates with the target system,” said Lubor Ptacek, General Manager of Microsoft Solutions at OpenText. “With deep expertise in capture and as an award-winning Microsoft partner, OpenText is ideally positioned to bring this functionality to enterprise SharePoint customers on a global basis.”
Capture for SharePoint complements existing OpenText offerings for the Microsoft ecosystem. OpenText Business Process Management and Case Management solutions enable SharePoint customers to automate their business processes that often involve document capture. OpenText Application Governance and Archiving allows customers to provision SharePoint sites, extend formal records and physical records management capabilities and provide long-term preservation and archival. OpenText Storage Services for SharePoint reduces storage costs associated with supporting large volumes of content in SharePoint while ensuring performance. Now, OpenText Capture Center provides a seamless way for Capture for SharePoint customers to take intelligent capture to the next level and add automatic document recognition and metadata extraction capabilities to their solutions.
Contact us at email@example.com
Atidan is pleased to announce Opentext AGA for SharePoint 10.5 Highlights include faceted browsing, enhanced bi-directional integration with SAP® solutions, FAST Search support and better user experience.
Waterloo, ON – June 26, 2012 – OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC) today announced the availability of OpenText Application Governance and Archiving (AGA) for Microsoft® SharePoint® 10.5, which provides SharePoint users with one of the most advanced, integrated, complete content lifecycle solutions for managing SharePoint sites and mission critical business information across an enterprise.
Broadly viewed as the industry’s leading information governance solution for SharePoint, OpenText AGA 10.5 offers businesses powerful new features including:
- Simplified navigation of large content volumes – Faceted browsing lets users leverage metadata to navigate through vast volumes of content more efficiently so they can easily access information in OpenText Content Server through SharePoint. Container specific views also allow users to view context-relevant metadata.
- Enhanced Archiving and Compliance – Customers can take advantage of significant refinements in OpenText’s ability to archive SharePoint content, whether it be long-term archiving of SharePoint lists or support for more complex data types. This improves the overall flexibility, performance and manageability of access to specified content.
- Stronger Integration with OpenText xECM for SAP Solutions – Enhanced support for OpenText Extended ECM for SAP® solutions brings the bi-directional access of content to users of SharePoint and SAP software. End users can now leverage work done in SAP workspaces through SharePoint, or extend access to content and projects created in SharePoint through an SAP workspace.
- Support for Microsoft FAST Search for SharePoint – Users can now search and index Content Server content quickly and easily using Microsoft’s FAST Search technology whether it is full text or document metadata.
“OpenText has once again raised the bar by offering the most advanced and complete solution for SharePoint integration for enterprise information governance,” stated Lubor Ptacek, Vice President, Strategic Marketing and General Manager, Microsoft Solutions at OpenText. “By integrating with SAP solutions and providing our customers with the ability to search and navigate through vast volumes of data, we are taking yet another step in our strategy towards helping customers get more value out of their information and their SharePoint deployments.”
Organizations in all industries and vertical markets depend on Microsoft SharePoint for its ability to connect people and the content they need to succeed through a simple, easy-to-use interface. OpenText AGA 10.5 helps organizations to drive SharePoint adoption while managing the growth of SharePoint sites to ensure that broader compliance and archiving policies are met, provide open access to all enterprise content, and reduce ongoing administration and storage costs. By providing access to content from all enterprise sources directly from within SharePoint in the context of business applications and processes, it also helps to improve user productivity. This ultimately increases the value of content by giving organizations a comprehensive, well-managed, and long-term approach to preservation of corporate memory and sound information governance.
OpenText is a global leader in developing enterprise-class content and process solutions for the Microsoft SharePoint ecosystem, offering solutions that span archival, governance, document capture, faxing, records management, business process management, case management, and more. Together with Microsoft, OpenText helps enterprise customers improve security, boost innovation and gain a competitive advantage while reducing costs through new efficiencies. A Microsoft Gold Certified partner, OpenText has won numerous Microsoft partner awards, including 2011 ISV Partner of the Year. To learn more about OpenText solutions for Microsoft SharePoint go to www.bettertogethercentral.com.
OpenText Application Governance and Archiving for Microsoft SharePoint 10.5 is available immediately through OpenText and Atidan.
Why is this important?
- SharePoint is being actively used in more than 70% of organizations today (AIIM); it is without question part of the Information Infrastructure.
- AGA is the solution that “makes” it a connected part of the infrastructure and ensures that:
- SharePoint users can connect to the content they require, in a secure and compliant environment, under managed permissions.
- Organizations are governing not only SharePoint sites and content but governing the people who use it.
- SharePoint content is given a lifecycle that can be managed alongside other content from other information systems such as Exchange, File Systems, SAP and more.
- End-users can work in their preferred environment and connect to the same content be it through native OpenText interfaces, SharePoint or SAP Workspaces.
- Organizations are seeing TCO and ROI value immediately through storage optimization from SharePoint externalization or through HSM benefits of long-term archival.